Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
Climate change utter rubbish.. - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

Climate change utter rubbish..

edited October 2013 in Politics
http://edinburghflipside.com/climate-change-utter-rubbish-says-man-in-pub/
:smile: thank god we've cleared that one up!

Comments

• They missed out:

'Even if it is true it isn't worth doing anything about because If only a small group of people take action and everyone else carries on regardless it won't have much effect ' :cry:
  • I notice The Spectator cover in Smiths - 'Climate change good for the planet'.
  • "> PETROL is already too expensive."
    "> His heating bill WENT UP since last year."

Tax the stupid :rolling::rolling:

I like this bit from a while back:
    http://www.theonion.com/topics/global-warming/
  • Posted By: jms452group of people take action and everyone else carries on regardless it won't have much effect '
    Maybe we should take the survivalist approach, stock up on the kit that you and your family will need when eventually the brown stuff hits the whirly thing. So what would the kit contain?
  • Scissors and a can opener.
    Some salt and pepper would be useful.
  • Posted By: Triassicthe survivalist approach, stock up on the kit that you and your family will need when ...
    Trouble is, if you're one of the few who get your act together in that way, come the apocalypse tough guys will come out of the cities and make a bee-line for you. So are you up for a fight as well? That logic makes survivalism attractive to the guns'n'ammo guys, and the expected fight becomes more of a driver than the family survival bit.
  • Posted By: SteamyTeaScissors and a can opener.
    Some salt and pepper would be useful.
    Baked beans, A shotgun, and Gold bars
  • You lay the shiny gold bars out in the open, sit there eating your beans waiting until someone approaches the glittering stuff. Then use the shotgun. Isn't that what most survivalists dream of?
  • I have to confess that a part of my wanting to be green is to be comfortable on my meager pension i.e. very little outgoing costs.
  • Pick a time of high inflation to retire, that way you get a better annuity rate. It also devalues any loans.

If you want cheap living try a houseboat on the intertidal estuaries. No rent, council tax (if you keep quiet), neighbours, easy to move, stable temperatures, and rural. Then rent your main house out for cash :wink:
  • Posted By: joe90I have to confess that a part of my wanting to be green is to be comfortable on my meager pension i.e. very little outgoing costs.
    That was also my prime motivator and 'light bulb moment'. Sold our house, cleared all debt, now have house of greater value than the original and with all running costs inc council tax, ins etc at under 30% of net pension income - retiring Friday week!:bigsmile:
  • edited October 2013
    Absolutely for me too; it is how I got into the green thing to start with - I wanted to lower my basic long-term running costs through investment (pension lump sum) now - for me in my situation being green also makes sense financially, artificially making those sums work (weird taxes etc) is a pipe dream (IMO), only through investment in the technology and regulational support that actually results in genuine alternatives can the man-in-the-street get motivated.
  • edited October 2013
    Posted By: Puglieseretiring Friday week!
    Congratulations, welcome to the club. Soon you will be wondering how you found time for work!
  • I retired 4 weeks ago, rather sudden, but got diagnosed with cancer (small easily removed tumour), decided stress was a great problem and completely changed diet (radiotherapy and chemo will be a thing of the past for most cancers in years to come):bigsmile:
  • John
    Wish you all my best and hope there are no other problems with it.
  • Same here John. I agree, stress and diet are the two big factors affecting general health IMO. Good luck.
  • Hope it all goes well for you and you get the all clear. We joked on here the other week about losing weight due to the stress of building, but it is no joke and a very real threat to your health and wellbeing.