Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
Hello - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

Hello

edited December 2013 in Essential for Newbies
Hello everyone,

I have been reading discussions for a few months and has finally signed up. I hope to gain more knowledge and learn from everyone and hopefully help others where I can.

Shah.

Comments

• Welcome

Hope you enjoy the banter :bigsmile:
  • Welcome, Shah. Do you have a particular project 'on the go'?
  • Welcome to the group Shah,

Jonti
  • edited December 2013
    Thank you guys. :smile:

Well at the moment I am just researching on Passive house construction methods. I am quite interested in this method as it will require much less energy to run it.

I am looking for a plot at the moment but before I can find one I would like to learn about the different construction methods as well as cost up a house. So I will know how much the project will cost.

I am costing up quite a large house ~300m2 plus a basement if possible . I would like to use the masonry construction if possible to a passive house standard.

There are other things I have in mind: Rain water collection/treatment, Solar Panels, GSHP etc.

Shah.
  • I guess you're in the right place then :tongue:
  • Yes I hope so :bigsmile:
  • Welcome to the forum, some very nice and knowledgeable people here
  • Thank you Mackers. Yes very knowledgeable people here. I hope to learn a lot :bigsmile::thumbup: