Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
shower waste connection - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

shower waste connection

djh
edited April 2015 in General
So for better or for worse, this is the situation ...

There's a 110 mm soil pipe sticking up out of the concrete slab. There's a shower waste with a horizontal outlet. There's very little height under the shower tray. What's the most effective (i.e. needs least height) way of connecting the 1 1/2" waste to the 110 mm drain?

My best thought so far is something like http://www.pipescenes.co.uk/upvc-waste-to-soil-adapter-cap-pipe-reducer-110mm-4-to-40mm-1-1-2.html

Comments

• Yes plus a street elbow to go into it, not a bend.
  • I got a warning that Norton was blocking an attack when I visited that link.
  • A strap on boss might be lower? Especially if you can chip away some of the conc without damaging the pipe.

http://kingfisher.scene7.com/is/image/Kingfisher/bnqTemplate1?$overlayHide=1&$product=Kingfisher/5055149906343_01c&wid=450&hei=450
  • unless you chase the concrete then no, and if chasing concrete then what you are doing could be just as low.
  • Posted By: CWattersI got a warning that Norton was blocking an attack when I visited that link.
    Dunno. I get a warning from the site that "JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser", which is correct. I expect to be able to browse with no Javascript. But maybe that means I'm not seeing an attack that your system does.
  • My plumber talks about an MF elbow rather than a street elbow, but I think he and Tony are talking about the same thing. The plug sits flush with the surface (or as low as you chip away) and then you have the radius of the bend, insofar as you can't press it into the plug. With a boss, I'd have to allow for the plastic collar around the boss instead of the radius of the bend.

Anyway, it's a good reminder not to cut the 110 pipe off too short yet, whilst I play around with the options to see what works best. Some more SDS chiseling to do first. I wish the job was big enough to justify hiring a jack hammer, they're so much faster than the 5 kg thing I've got.

Thanks again, chaps.