Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
I Have a New Life - not a New Wife! - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

I Have a New Life - not a New Wife!

edited January 2009 in Members only
You know how it is - you have to enter a username, it is an instictive thing, what feels good at the time, encapsulates who you are or where you are, you don't think gosh that might be easy to misread. I was pleased with the refernce to the TV programme and hit enter - and now people think what a plonker for advertising getting a new wife but if I changed ny user name now I would lose all my stats, cross references - it would be a pain - So for the aviodance of doubt, my (current!) wife; we've been married for 13 years - together for 19:

Comments

• And my new life (and I have no plans to change either!!):
  • GREAT PIC gotanewlife! So glad to hear you haven't traded one wife in for another, and nice to get a look at who I shall be sparing with in 2009:wink:
  • Ludite - choose your weapon cutlasses or pistols.....aharrrr my hearties.
  • Great! I thought it was only me that read 'new wife' every time!
  • Your life looks very nicely organic!- Sting!
  • Posted By: Gotanewlife I was pleased with the refernce to the TV programme and hit enter - and now people think what a plonker for advertising getting a new wife
    As we speak, some Channel 4 executive is stroking their chin and going, "Hmmm..."
  • I can't remember what the Italian company was now I was emailing, but I did think at the time that the address gen.italia was a bit unfortunate.
  • I've always fancied those lovely Borgia rings with massive jewels and a little hinge on the side to drop a lethal dose in a glass of sparkling. I also like tables that swivel, secret doors hidden in bookcases, trapdoors and walking sticks with concealed swords. . . . . . . . . I think, with a bit of poetic licence, they would mix quite nicely with a cutlass and some pieces of 8 - especially if the script was written by Quentin Tarrantino.

Massive aquariums of lion fish (piranahs are so passe), loose electrical wires, cheese cutters. . . . . .the list goes on and on!
  • LOL, :rolling:

BTW - no chance of TV interest - they choose those most likely to provide entertainment - which translates to high risk, I know, remember that chain smoking carpenter with 4k to get his house habitable who mixed up grout and cement - I know him....I am just not 'worthy', thank God.
  • edited January 2009
    Posted By: fostertomYour life looks very nicely organic!- Sting!
    When I read this I mistook life for wife :shocked:

I also thought that Gotanewlife was your name! I just assumed that you were Hungarian or something!!
  • Where is your new life BTW?
  • edited January 2009
    at least that is beeter than thinking I had a new wife!
    I live in Italy (Umbria), 45 minutes south from Tuscany (far enough!) but north of Rome - on the west side of Italy's moutain 'spine' and I am at 1500ft.:smile:
  • Hubby and I seriously considered moving abroad, but we realised we'd miss the : family, friends, language, laws. . . . . . and didn't want to go to all the effort of having to learn it all again. . . . how is language and friends/family situations turning out for you? Home sick at all?