Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
hi - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

hi

edited October 2009 in Members only
Hi, Having benefitted hugely from reading from this forum for a few years, mainly because every time I google I seem to end up here, I thought I'd join. We are about half way through an eco retrofit to AECB silver standard of a 1940's semi bungalow. Now generate 70% of house electricity via pv's, collect and reuse 60% of water used in house, have reduced our gas by about 60% BUT our levels of insulation still have much room for improvement. Next phases are external wall insulation, more under floor insulation (about 40% of house done), front porch/draught lobby and either secondary glazing or new windows. I reckon about 2 years work (I work slowly). I'm working on questions to ask the forum when I've checked they aren't already answered, and where to ask them.
Thanks for all the help I've already received.
BIff
PS I've attached a photo of the back of our house.

Comments