Green Building Forum

Home  5  Books  5  GBEzine Subscription  5  News  5  HelpDesk  5  Your Cart  5  Register
Get the category right please! - Green Building Forum

Hello

Welcome to the Green Building Forum. Reading any of the public conversations is free but if you want to join in the discussions then you need to register first to obtain a code for which there is a small charge. Please follow the link on the left. OR:

GREEN BUILDING MAGAZINE
Get the next four copies of this fantastic magazine delivered directly to your door.
1 year Green Building magazine subscription
Price: £20.00
Discount books available with subscription:

Get the category right please!

edited December 2009 in Members only
Please try to help out other visitors and guests by posting new discussions in the appropriate category. People seem to be getting lazy and leaving it all to go in the General category.

:crush: Keith

Comments

• I appreciate what you are saying Keith, but this would mean that a lot of people including me would have to click through every topic heading to see what is new (if anything).
    Its a lot more work for you, but I would have thought that making general the new topic area which every one looks at then archiving the "done" topics into their respective areas. This would allow a researcher to peruse his/her specialized topic without have to put up with the vagaries of the search function Which could be used anyway.
    If someone researching a "dead" topic, finds that they have to comment on it it then becomes "alive" again in the general area.
    Frank
  • Frank, why would you need to click through every topic? Just clicking on All Discussions shows you every topic with new messages, doesn't it?
  • As I understand Keith's gentle reprimand, if some one opened up a discussion, say about heating, it should be in the "Heating and cooling" topic area and not in general discussion.
    Frank
  • I never look at the categories, I just read what's new in the "all discussions" area.

Paul in Montreal.
  • Exactly, Paul.

Frank, you're correct that if anybody opens a new discussion, Keith wants them to take the trouble to put it into the correct category, which seems very sensible.

But if you're just reading existing topics, you don't need to do anything special. You just click on "All Discussions" at the top of the page in the middle directly under "Green Building Forum" and then you see everything.

Cheers, Dave